It took me years to figure out in order for my kids to eat more fruits and veggies, I have to make it fun. And sometimes that involves using their hands and getting messy. This recipe is quick and kid approved.
My son is allergic to almost everything so finding gluten-free Asian sauces is challenging. I use Coconut Aminos ( lower sodium) or Tamari. I recently found gluten-free Hoisin sauce which is a common staple in Asian households.
- diced red onion
- diced red pepper
- 3 gloves of garlic minced
- ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Veggies - butter lettuce, chopped Roma tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers
- Sweat the onions for a few minutes then add garlic and red pepper with olive oil
- AAdd sesame oil
- Add turkey, use a utensil to smash into smaller pieces.
- After the turkey is brown, add the hoisin sauce, coconut aminos, and lemon juice
- Prep the veggies