This warm weather makes me crave cold foods, but I can’t eat ice cream with all the added sugar and dairy ( I’m Asian and somewhat lactose intolerant). So, I whipped up this easy, yummy and quick cold dessert.
- 1/2 can of organic coconut milk
- frozen berries – blueberries + strawberries
- a handful of fresh spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1-2 date (optional for sweetness)
- toppings – chia seeds, coconut chips, mini chocolate chips (Real life brand), cashews, pumpkin seeds, …
Blend the first 5 ingredients and top with your desired toppings. Use less coconut milk if you prefer a more solid consistency, more if you like smoothie form.